Course Level 3
The overall objective of the level 3 course is to expand on the awareness and skills learned in the level 1 and level 2 courses with a greater emphasis on practical skills including track time and an element of self assessment and peer assessment under the supervision of a Senior Instructor.
Course commencement is at 8.30 with registration and finishes approximately at 4.30pm with the presentation of certificates.
The course consists of an 80/20 mix of practical and classroom sessions and is available at Race Track Venues only. Group sizes will be limited to between six to eight drivers. All exercises are fully supervised at all times by a Senior Instructor and participants are at no time permitted to exceed highway speeds.
- All subjects covered at both Level 1 and Level 2 courses are revised in brief, albeit in slightly differing formats.
- Vehicle Checks are performed by participants on each others vehicles
- Demonstration of correct seating positions
- Practical exercises covering Braking, Steering and Searching, up to normal highway speeds.
- Cornering skills, including demonstration laps and supervised laps of the circuit with individual coaching
- LTA Road code scratch tests, these will accompany our normal Skills assessment reports which are sent back to the co-ordinator of the bookings.
As with the Level 2 course, several attempts are made at each exercise, with immediate feedback given to each driver by the Instructor. Supervised laps of the circuit will be given with the Instructor as well as by the participant on their own. At the conclusion of the days practical exercises circuits will be done under stricter conditions, assessments being made by both the Instructor and the Driver’s Peers.
Following every course individual reports covering the condition of the vehicle along with a Skills Assessment and the Driver’s LTA Scratch Test, covering both the Driver’s skills and attitude to driving, are sent to the coordinator of the bookings.